Please, answer this question now before reading any further.
Don’t think about it, be spontaneous with your answer; accept the first color that comes into your mind and don’t analyze your choice.
Color: The effect produced on the eye and its associated nerves by light waves of different wavelength or frequency. Light transmitted from an object to the eye stimulates the different color cones of the retina, thus making possible perception of various colors in the object.
Like death and taxes, there is no escaping color. It is ubiquitous.
Yet, what does it all mean?
Why do weightlifters do their best in blue gyms?
I have wondered even why do I tend to use a blue ink or font when writing?
Does everyone have a favorite color?
Many of us do have a favorable color, and most of us have had the same one since childhood. Or maybe a variance in hue or tint.
Some of us may change our color favorites one or more times during our life, while others will have one color for their whole lifetime.
Some us will prefer another color for a while, depending on our needs & moods at that time.
Yet we are likely to come back to our original favorite when those specific needs are met.
When the color has served its purpose.
If you are someone who doesn’t think you have a personality color, could you maybe reconsider?
Take a meander into your clothes closet/cupboard where you store you clothes you wear regularly.
Peek around your home or office, reflect on the way you choose to decorate.
See color? Of course you do.
Anything stand out?
Is there one, or are there more colors you consistently choose? For my home, it has been a combo of forest green and a rich shade of maroon, yet I tend to wear blues, and earth-tones. I throw in some purple for sassy days.
These choices will be the colors that reflect our personality, and our deepest needs & desires.
Whether we like or dislike a color can be dependent on our own life experiences; our positive and negative associations to “our favorite color” as well as our need for the qualities of that color.
Dislike a Color?
The colors that we dislike are as telling about ourselves as the choices we like, most often reflecting where our weaknesses and vulnerabilities lie.
Our most disliked color could likely to relate to areas in our life that need to be given some attention; or past hurts that need to be healed.
If we feel a visceral dislike to a color there is likely a reason.
It can be helpful and a good idea to try to incorporate a small amount of the disliked colors into our life by using small amounts of the color in clothing, or in your home to help balance our energies.
I have found for me rejecting whole color choices creates an imbalance in my life something I am uncomfortable with.
But what if we are color blind?
A note on Color Blindness
It doesn’t mean a person who is color blind can’t see any color at all, like a black and white movie.
It does however mean having trouble seeing the difference between certain colors.
Being color blind can make it tricky to match your shirt and pants, but it’ s not a serious problem. People who are color blind can do normal stuff, even drive. Most color blind people can’t tell the difference between red or green, but they can learn to respond to the way the traffic signal lights up — because the red light is generally on top and green is on the bottom.
What does your (favorite) personality color say about you?
While you may not exhibit all the character traits of your personality color, you will find yourself somewhere in the descriptions I believe. You may also find you might exhibit some of the negative traits, particularly when you are stressed.
If you have two equally favorite colors, read the information on both to fully understand yourself and what motivates you.
- If your favorite color is red, you are action oriented with a deep need for physical fulfillment and to experience life through the five senses.
- If orange is your favorite color, you have a great need to be with people, to socialize with them, and be accepted and respected as part of a group. You also have a need for challenges in your life, whether it is physical or social challenges.
- Choosing yellow as your favorite means you have a deep need for logical order in your everyday life and to be able to express your individuality by using your logical mind to inspire and create new ideas.
- If green is your favorite, you have a deep need to belong, to love and be loved, and to feel safe and secure. You need acceptance and acknowledgment for the everyday things you do for others – just a ‘thank you’ is sufficient.
- Lovers of blue have a deep need to find inner peace and truth, to live their life according to their ideals and beliefs without having to change their inflexible viewpoint of life to satisfy others.
- Indigo lovers have a need to feel in harmony and at one with the Universe and to be accepted by others as the aware and intuitive spiritual beings that they are.
- If purple or violet is your favorite color, you have a deep need for emotional security and to create order and perfection in all areas of your life, including your spiritual life. You also have a deep need to create and participate in humanitarian projects, helping others in need.
- If your personality color is pink you have a deep need to be accepted and loved unconditionally.
- If turquoise is your favorite color your deepest need is to create emotional balance in your life, to be able to express your hopes and dreams no matter how idealistic they may be and to make your own way in the world under your own terms.
- If your favorite color is magenta, you are a non-conformist who sees life from a different point of view.
- Lovers of brown have a deep need for a safe, secure, simple and comfortable existence with supportive family and friends.
- Lovers of black have a need for power and control in order to protect their own emotional insecurities.
- If white is your personality color, your deepest need is for simplicity in your own life and to be independent and self-reliant so you do not need to depend on anyone else.
- With gray as your favorite color, you are the middle of the road type, cool, conserved, composed and reliable. You tend to conform just to keep the peace.
- If silver is your favorite, you are intuitive and insightful and have a strong connection with a higher spiritual guidance.
- With a personality color gold, you radiate charisma, personality and individuality, making others feel relaxed and valued in your company.
Finally, have you changed your favorite color?
If you have changed your personality color, try to identify the circumstances surrounding your life at that time as your new favorite will reflect qualities you need to attract into your life to help you navigate and process any new circumstances.
I prefer to make a practice out of surrounding myself with the colors I love, either by wearing them, or using them decoratively in my environment.
The color choices I make empower me to be true to myself.
It is the perfect expression of showing my true-colors, wouldn’t you say?
Now, inquiring minds now want to know:
What does any a particular pattern or motif we keep in our home or wear say about us?
For instance I have a plethora of roses and elephants.
I know I know…
I’m just curious.