Receiving a blog Award is a kin to receiving a basket of fresh-baked cookies from a neighbor. The whole point of the gift is the feeling in the giving, not the calories, Right? So it is with awards. Each one is as important as the next because of the sweet nuggets of goodness that they represent. And the blogging friend that sent them.
This One Lovely Blogger Award comes to me from Ruth at retiredruth @ http://retiredruth.wordpress.com/?p=739&preview=true Ruth is a farmer. People like Ruth who dedicate themselves to our Mother Earth by growing soy, wheat and other Godgiven nutrients so that we may live should be honored more. Mother Earth gives back and Ruth gives of herself. We reap the benefits. It is a lovely arrangement, I am a Farmers Market Girl and was one before it was cool & chic to be one. Although Ruth would not be at a Farmers Market hawking her harvest she is still my local farmer. And yours. Go pay her a visit, she’ll make you feel right at home. Or as is her case you will be all right on the farm~
I am sticking with Ruth’s format here with 7 random things about myself. However since I am now in a position to choose 7 awards to pass on I am veering off left here. I am not choosing one or seven because I cannot. Those in my own Barefoot Baroness world are so many that I treasure and adore. How can I pick just 7 of you? I can not choose…..so know this please:
If you are reading this and are a follower of these barefoot prints in the sand then by all means grab that award badge and dance yourself right back on over to your own blog. Accept, Post. & Celebrate/ Then link it back here. I want to know you are accepting this award. Not that I am just saying..
Seven Random Things About The Baroness You May Not Know ~ They will be random to be sure:
- I don’t attend fairs or go on fair rides. Even the Ferris Wheel terrifies me
- I have a personal aversion to guns that goes deeper than just that I am a pacifist. which I am. Does this count as two now? …
- I am not a gambler. I see no entertainment value it for myself.
- I have severe insomnia. Often up in the middle of the night with my blogging friends from around the world. Always music. It’s what keeps me from going postal some nights while the rest of the world feels asleep. I am grateful for those who are not. (I see you smiling )
- I love the feeling of early dawn, cold & wet dew in the grass, on my bare feet. Sending Mothers Nature life force up and into me. Its Amazing!
- I do not chew gum. Have never which for me turned out to be a good thing.
- I love many things about Eastern philosophies concerning man, spirit & the universe. Often communication with the universe make me smile.
Now grab that badge, post your award…. link back here.. & Celebrate you! I can name names if I have to.
Dane away my lovely blogging friend..
- Farmers’ Markets (heikeherrling.com)
- City Room: World’s Tallest Ferris Wheel Planned for Staten Island (cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com)