This awe-inspiring award comes to me from not just one beautiful woman, it comes from two amazing and beautiful women.
Correction Here. While in the middle of publishing this post came another nomination for this award. I’ve no idea what I’ve done to be so deserving, but here they are, and here I go away from my blog today just shaking my head in astonishment. Me? Do you all know that I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and you all will find some deep secret I don’t even know that makes me unworthy of such attention? That there was some reason the first man in my life knew about, took to his grave,that was credible enough to keep away from me for the rest of his life. And most of my childhood life and adulthood. This kind of attention, and acknowledgement that what I have to say is worthy is awesome, to find it inspiring and that you all keep coming around tells me that just maybe he was wrong. Thank you for that reinforcement. It’s this time of year that brings this issue up for me.
Wow! Not sure … started to write not sure where that all came from but that is so not true…….what I’m not sure is why that was thrown up all now.
My third nomination comes from my Dear friend and 4th partner in crime here at WP is Kate at Believe Anyway at: http://believeanyway.wordpress.com/2012/03/11/keeping-the-blogosphere-a-beautiful-place/
Kate is one of the first bloggers who I connected with on deeper level than I was expecting to find here at WP or the blogging community as well. Kate, another two friends (Terri & Valerie) and myself felt like a small safe family. This helped me form the sense of community & then branching out and creating a community of loving kind people fell right behind.
Thank you Miss Kate, you will always be sunshine on my shoulder.
I AM TRULY BLESSED.
You see I have been dealing computer issues and in that time ai was awarded “The Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Dr Sherry E Showalter whose own blog has proven to be a complete delight to me. Positive & moving forward seems to be a major theme running through her writing. A blog that feels like putting on a comfy robe.
Thank you Dr Sherry for your belief in my writing, and that you feel it’s deserving of this award.
Dr Sherry’s Blog can be found at:
During the time I should have been posting this award and thanking Dr Sherry & learning a new computer I was astonished to read this morning when logging in that another very classy lady Judith at: http://diabeticredemption.com/2012/03/10/the-very-inspiring-blogger-award/ had gifted this humbling award to me.
Thank you so much Judith. Your constant support of not just my blog, but me as well is something I’m so grateful for always.~
These are the rules for this award:
1.Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass the award to 7 nominees
So, to begin my next part of my participation in the rules….7 things…about myself…..
- I will be 57 yrs old next week and have not been able to reconcile my mindset with my chronological age. Refusing to ever stop being too old to play or to be playful.
- I am a nut for fruit. Serious issue. Eating two to three oranges a day tells me my body is craving Vitamin C. I believe your body tells what it needs, if you’re able to quiet your mind enough to listen.
- I am a Red Hat member, with my chapter celebrating 8 years old in May. The national founding chapter celebrates 14 years old next month, no longer just national.
- I am a daughter, sister, wife, niece, mother, grandmother, step-great grandmother, and best friend to very few. And I adore every role.
- An avid reader with 5 different books going right now. Always multiple genres. Today are: Fiction, Spiritually Devotional, Self-Help, Instructive, a new Cookbook. Yep, I read cookbooks too.
- I rarely wear make-up. Never was really into it although I have a drawer with a cosmetic bag full of it. Got to have options.
- This time of year I miss my late mom & maternal grandmother. I am the only girl and these two women always made sure that although I was spoiled I was also grounded. I love & miss you both!
To pass this award forward I see these bloggers as truly Very Inspiring:
- The Cosmic Carousel
- Daily Sweet Peas
- My Story to You
- Cee’s Life Photography Blog
- Diabetic Redemption
- Four Blue Hills (A repository, of sorts)
- Faces in the Clouds
I have another dozen or so blogs I could name here… I’ll save them for next time.
Thanks again to the two incredbile Ladies who gifted this award to me, one humbled baroness.