My, My, My!
My WordPress Community has completely overwhelmed me this week. In such a positive way.
Three awards in one week? How does one person deserve so much recognition by other writers? I am not sure. But I am accepting all three with my sincerest gratitude and thanks.
To Destrudowoman: Je te/vous remercie.
I thank you!
This wonderful and fascinating writer has awarded me The Versatile Award. I am actually flabbergasted because I happen to admire this woman as writer, as a woman, and as a kindred spirit. But to believe that she might have seen something of the same in me I never even entertained. Why? Because she is a successful author with two books under her belt, an amazing artist with an eye for the perfect color combinations, texturizing with paint, and bringing the life and spirit of herself into her work. I thought we were in different leagues.
But I find that maybe this is not so true. And me, who despises classifications , needs to put that kind of thinking in a trash barrel right away. Because of this incredible giving woman, this lady, and I mean Lady in every sense of the word, she has told me through her words and through her gift oft this award different.
You can find Destruwoman @ http://thecosmiccarousel.wordpress.com/
Please check out her very cool blog. She has a writing style that will immediately grab your heart and with her words she will touch your soul.
I especially enjoy her stories by Crazy Annie. Try them, you may become addicted and waiting for the next installation. This authoress pens under the name Tallystarr and I am listing the titles of her two books here, and where they can be purchased.
Shamelessly I will plug an artist and their work.
The Books: “Fourth Watch Ballet” & “Pocket Full of Lavender” more information @ http://www.blurb.com/
Not what we give,
But what we share,
For the gift
without the giver
~James Russell Lowell
This gift, this award has helped me to recall this above poem I like to use in Thank You cards that I often make. I thought it would be more than appropriate now.
Sharing is what we do by blogging. Sharing our thoughts and beliefs out loud to one another. Giving to one another through sharing are gifts that can lift the soul on a dark day, and can lighten the load we carry on out shoulders through these gifts. This is what we as writers do.
In this spirit I will now list the 7 things about myself to play along with the requirements of The Versatile Award.
Here’s how this works:
If you are nominated, thank the award giver and link back to them in your blog post
Share seven things about yourself
Pass this award along to recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading
Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award and post the award picture.
- I have a tattoo inside my left ankle of the Pieces sign. My husband is the artist who did it for me almost 41 years ago.
- I collect elephants. Not for political intentions of course.
- I have trouble saying, “NO!”
- I am a CASA. Court Appointed Special Advocate. My clients are children who through no fault of their own their family is involved in Family court for one reason or another. Most of my clients live in Foster Homes. Which my husband & I also participated in. Having two foster daughter’s along with our own two daughter’s.
- My hair is long, down to my hips. I have donated 3 braids to Locks of Love in 20 years and am wanting to do a fourth, As long as I can grow hair easily why not?
- In my younger days I was a vocalist in a local garage band. This was before I was married. As I grew older and raising children the music world was no longer compatible . I stayed involved with my first passion by managing my baby brother’s Country – Rock band. I produced their first album. A dream had come true, me in a recording studio.
- I am married to my best friend going on 41 years. We have two daughters who love to shock their friends with this fact. That their parents have remained together happily all these years is something that our girls are proud of.